Bra, a short form of brassier is a piece of garment which is not only an essential part of delicate sex’s dress but involves too much engineering if made to perfection. Bra has traveled decades of transitions but the thoughts behind its use remain almost the same. Opinion varies from person to person but some basic reasons are:
- To provide a support to breasts, at the same time preventing them from sagging.
- Bra produces a feeling of comfort by eliminating shaking, bouncing & colliding of breasts with each other.
- To provide some level of modesty.
When there are reasons behind the use of bra, then one should try to buy a bra fulfilling all needs. At Fashiomatic we tried to provide our visitors some useful information (Tips & Tricks) regarding the purchase of a Bra. Since it’s frustrating to have bought a bra & after bringing it at home one finds it doesn't fits right. It’s not a big piece of garment but technically speaking it’s the most technical of all. Fashiomatic desires our visitors to witness few guidelines regarding bra purchase.
1. Measuring yourself right is the most initial step one should take before going to a bra store. So that you could be able to start the search from the appropriate shelf. A shop with a huge variety & trained bra fitters would be a supporting factor.
3. No one could know your body better than you, so its very important to have a deep analysis of your breasts. For instance; a person with more of a top heavy Apple shaped breasts should likely be browsing fuller coverage brassieres instead of Demi Cups. Note: (Not sure what type your breasts are? Try using the full guides about breast types & what brassier is suitable for my breasts can be found in Luciani's guide to all things bras, The Bra Book: The Fashion Formula to Finding the Perfect Bra & Demystifying Bra Fitting and Construction
4. Wearing or bring along a thin top or T-Shirt while going to store is a good step since knowing the visibility (transparency) of bra under thin clothing is a must before purchasing one.
5. Never be disappointed or surprise about your size because one should give priority to the appropriate fitting of bra.
6. Be a critic for yourself, never hesitate to have a look at yourself in the mirror after putting the bra on. You shouldn't see any digging, spillage & gaps since these are the signs of poor fitting.
7. Most of us don’t pay attention to the back band of bra where as its appearance can be very significant. You should not see any bulges, riding up & gaping.
9. Breasts size varies due to aging, hormonal changes, weight gain & other life changes, therefore you should plan out your next purchase on six months to a year bases. Due to wear & tear a bra should be replaced after every six months.
10. My father used to say, “If you respect your things, the things will respect you in return”. Means if you take care of your good, they will give you a life time of service. Always hand wash your bra, if not possible put your bra in a garment bag and then wash it in machine. Take same care while drying it up. Avoid dryers, always air dry your bra.